Summer VolunTeen Training Sessions!
The Summer VolunTeen Session is nearly here!
Looking for a way to beat the heat and the summer boredom? Here's your chance! Running from June 2 through August 15, help out with fun Summer Reading programs and so much more. To become a VolunTeen, fill out an application, available online or at the Library’s Reference and Adult Services Desk or the Youth Services Desk. Get in soon, as there are a limited number of VolunTeen spaces to be filled!
Attending a training session is REQUIRED to participate in the Summer VolunTeen Session.
In your training session you will learn how to:
- sign up people for ALL FOUR summer reading programs
- what is expected of you
- what you summer schedule will be
- what is and isn't allowed during your weekly volunteer time
- and so much more!
- Be going into 6th - 12th Grade
- Complete and turn in an application - available at ANY DESK and the Teen Area starting on MAY 1!
- Sign up for ONE training session
- Thursday, May 22 - 4:00 - 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 28 - 4:00 - 5:00 pm
THAT'S IT! It's simple, it's fun, it looks great on a job or college application, plus you get to help out the community all at the same time.
Make sure to sign up any time after MAY 1, as there are a limited number of spots to be filled!